Have you been arrested in Wesley Chapel for the crime of DUI? At Finebloom, Haenel & Higgins we provide dui lawyers Wesley Chapel arrestees can depend on to fight their dui case! Wesley Chapel is one of the largest areas of Pasco County. This means law enforcement has larger numbers and incentive to enforce dui laws in your area. To know if you have defenses available against this aggressive enforcement, you need to consult a Wesley Chapel dui lawyer!!
There are several methods the dui lawyer in Wesley Chapel you hire can use to challenge one or all of these procedures in your individual case. When considering the dui attorney Wesley Chapel arrestees should hire, it is crucial to make sure the dui attorney you are considering knows all of these possible methods. That is the only way to be confident that the Wesley Chapel dui attorney you hire will provide the best defense possible for you!!
Some of the defense options that the dui attorney in Wesley Chapel should be familiar with include:
- Challenges to your stop
- Challenges to the dui investigation
- Challenges to the probable cause for your arrest and
- Challenges to your breath test result of blood draw
For a dui attorney to successfully present one or all of these defenses to you, the attorney must be familiar with Florida’s dui laws, the NHTSA manual, FDLE rules, administrative procedures and the protocol of the local sheriff’s department for conducting dui investigations. If the dui lawyer you speak with is not familiar with all of these different areas, they could miss an important and crucial defense in your case! This could lead to an unnecessary conviction which will carry stiff penalties.
- For a first time dui conviction, you face six to nine months in the county jail depending on your breath alcohol level at the time of your arrest. It is mandatory that you receive 12 months of reporting probation. During that probation you will have to perform a minimum of 50 hours of community service, attend and complete DUI School and any recommended drug and alcohol treatment and impound your vehicle for 10 days. You will have to pay between $500 and $2000 in fines depending on your alcohol level and court costs. The judge may also sentence you to attend a victim impact panel. If you blew over a .15 you will have to place an ignition interlock on any car you drive at your own expense and your license will be suspended for at least six months!!
- For a second dui conviction you face all of the same penalties listed above but doubled! The fines are between $1000 and $4000, the impound of your vehicle is increased to 30 days and you can face up to one year in jail!! If your last dui conviction was less than five years ago, you must spend at least 10 days in the county jail and your license will be suspended for five years!! You will also have to place an ignition interlock on your car for at least one year…maybe more.
- For a third dui you can be charged with a felony if your last arrest was less than 10 years ago. You can face up to five years in prison, but at a minimum you will have to spend 30 days in the county jail. The fines are at least $4000 and your car will be impounded for 90 days. You will have to place an ignition interlock on your car for at least 2 years and there is a possibility of a 10 year license suspension!!! Even if your last arrest was less than 10 years ago you still face the possibility of a year in jail.
- For a fourth dui you will be charged as a felon facing five years of prison. Your license will be revoked for life with no possibility of reinstatement or hardship.
At Finebloom, Haenel & Higgins our dui attorneys are focused on dui defense! We understand all that is at stake when you are arrested and charged and the impact a conviction can have on your life. Our attorneys focus on the legal and technical challenges involved in a dui case. We will not rest until we achieve the best result for your particular situation. Call us now to discuss your options. Our Wesley Chapel dui defense attorneys are available 24/7 when you call 813-200-4412. Call today and let us fight your dui case!!