Have you been arrested in Lake Whales for dui? Are you searching for the best dui attorney Lake Whales has to offer in order to fight the arrest? At the law office of Finebloom, Haenel & Higgins we are proud to offer the highest quality dui attorneys available.
After a Lake Whales dui arrest you may feel hopeless, confused or angry. You probably have many questions about what will come next. When you speak with a Lake Whales dui attorney you take the first step in forming a defense strategy custom made for you! Do you want to challenge your case? If so the dui lawyer in Lake Whales that you hire will:
- Demand discovery (which is all the evidence the State plans to use against you)
- Take depositions
- File motions on your behalf
- Challenge breath or blood test results and
- Represent you in trial
When speaking with your dui lawyer you should also make sure they are willing to represent you at all administrative hearings relating to your driver’s license. Those hearings are separate from the criminal court process but are just as important for keeping your driving privilege.
It could be that you are searching for a dui attorney in Lake Whales to help you in get the best deal. Not everyone can successfully challenge a dui charge. But when you hire a dui lawyer LakeWhales officials know they can not take advantage of you in sentencing.
Currently, the minimum mandatory penalty for a first time dui is as follows:
- 12 months probation
- 50 public service hours
- Dui School
- Drug Evaluation
- 10 day impoundment of the vehicle you were driving
- An additional six month license suspension and
- A $500 fine
- If you blew over a .15 then the fine is increased to $1000
- If you blew over a .15 you will also be required to install an ignition interlock on your vehicle for at least 6 months.
- Although not mandatory, a judge at his or her discretion, may also sentence you to six months in the county jail (nine if you blew over a .15).
The mandatory penalties for a second Dui are similar to the first. But in addition there is:
- 30 day impoundment of the vehicle you were driving
- A $1000 fine
- If you blew over a .15 then the fine is increased to $2000
- If this is your 2nd Dui within a 5 year period there is a mandatory 10 days in jail!
- If this is your 2nd Dui within a 5 year period your license is suspended for 5 years!
The mandatory penalties for a third Dui are similar to a first or second. But in addition a 3rd offense within a 10 year period:
- Is a felony punishable by up to five years in prison!
- Carries a mandatory 30 day jail sentence.
- Has a mandatory 90 day vehicle impoundment.
- Your license is suspended for 10 years!
If this is a fourth (or more) dui conviction then you face five years in prison, you will have your driver’s license revoked for life and you will be labeled a convicted felon. This means you lose your right to hold certain professional licenses and civil liberties such as the right to vote and carry a firearm.
Dui penalties are very serious. To try to avoid them you need a Lake Whales dui attorney who is just as serious about defending you! At Finebloom, Haenel & Higgins we have dui lawyers dedicated to dui defense. We will not rest until we achieve the best outcome for your situation. To discuss your options call us now at 1-800-FIGHT-IT. Our dui team is available 24/7 for consultation. Let us help protect you and your rights today!