If you or someone you know has been arrested in St. Petersburg for the crime of DUI in violation of Florida statute 316.193, the attorneys of Finebloom, Haenel & Higgins are available now to help you! Our firm provides the most professional, dedicated and experienced dui attorneys in St. Petersburg. Our team will help you challenge your St. Petersburg dui arrest!
A dui arrest can be humiliating and overwhelming. In Florida, DUI arrests are aggressively prosecuted by the State. In St. Petersburg there is a DUI unit composed of six specially trained officers whose sole purpose is to seek out drivers who are possibly impaired and arrest them. To protect yourself, you need a dui attorney who has proven experience in dui defense. There are many dui lawyers in St. Petersburg who would be willing to represent you. But you should only hire a St. Petersburg dui attorney with specific dui experience.
DUI crimes carry mandatory penalties. Mandatory penalties are sanctions the judge has to impose. If the sanction is mandatory, it means you can’t get anything less. The mandatory penalties for a first time Dui are:
- 12 months probation
- 50 public service hours
- Dui School
- Drug Evaluation
- 10 day impoundment of the vehicle you were driving
- An additional six month license suspension and
- A $500 fine
- If you blew over a .15 then the fine is increased to $1000
- If you blew over a .15 you will also be required to install an ignition interlock on your vehicle for at least 6 months.
The mandatory penalties for a second Dui are similar to the first. But in addition there is:
- 30 day impoundment of the vehicle you were driving
- A $1000 fine
- If you blew over a .15 then the fine is increased to $2000
- If this is your 2nd Dui within a 5 year period there is a mandatory 10 days in jail!
- If this is your 2nd Dui within a 5 year period your license is suspended for 5 years!
The mandatory penalties for a third Dui are similar to a first or second. But in addition a 3rd offense within a 10 year period:
- Is a felony punishable by up to five years in prison!
- Carries a mandatory 30 day jail sentence.
- Has a mandatory 90 day vehicle impoundment.
- Your license is suspended for 10 years!
When facing penalties such as these it is important to hire the best dui attorney St. Petersburg arrestees can get! A dui attorney who focuses their practice on dui defense can explain the many defenses available to the client. When considering the qualifications your St. Petersburg dui lawyer has to offer you ask the following questions:
- How many years experience do you have?
- Will you represent me at my administrative hearing?
- Will I speak with you or the assistant?
- Are you familiar with the Intoxilyzer 8000 breath testing machine?
- Will you represent me at trial?
At Finebloom, Haenel & Higgins we employ the finest dui lawyers St. Petersburg has to offer. Our attorneys have over 30 years of combined experience in Dui defense. Our attorneys will speak with you about your potential defenses and will assist you in making the best decisions regarding your case. We will represent you in all stages of your case including the administrative review, preliminary hearings and trial. The dui attorneys of Finebloom, Haenel & Higgins are also up to sate on all of the issues surrounding FDLE and the Intoxilyzer 8000. This allows us to provide the most comprehensive dui defense for your unique situation.
So if you have been arrested for Dui in St. Petersburg and wish to hire a team of professional and experienced dui attorneys to represent you, call Finebloom, Haenel & Higgins now at 813-200-4412. We have attorneys available 24.7 to take your call and consult with you.