Looking for a dui attorney in Indian Rocks Beach to help you navigate a dui arrest? Look no further than the quality representation provided by the Indian Rocks Beach dui lawyers of Finebloom, Haenel & Higgins. Our Indian Rocks Beach dui attorneys are resourceful and relentless when it comes to helping you fight your dui charge!
You may be asking “Why do I need a dui lawyer in Indian Rocks Beach to help me with my dui?” When you appear in Court alone, the State or the judge may offer you a simple probation sentence and try to scare you by saying that if you hire an attorney or try to fight the charges you can face an increased penalty. But how will you know if it is the minimum sentence or a good deal if you have not consulted a dui attorney? Many times a prosecutor will add unnecessary conditions knowing that an unrepresented individual will not know enough to challenge the recommendation.
So what is the best deal possible? For a first time dui they are:
- 12 months probation
- 50 public service hours
- Dui School
- Drug Evaluation
- 10 day impoundment of the vehicle you were driving
- An additional six month license suspension and
- A $500 fine
- If you blew over a .15 then the fine is increased to $1000
- If you blew over a .15 you will also be required to install an ignition interlock on your vehicle for at least 6 months.
- Jail for a first time dui is NOT mandatory, but the maximum jail penalty is 6 months unless you blew over a .15, then it is 9 months.
The mandatory penalties for a second Dui are similar to the first. But in addition there is:
- 30 day impoundment of the vehicle you were driving
- A $1000 fine
- If you blew over a .15 then the fine is increased to $2000
- If this is your 2nd Dui within a 5 year period there is a mandatory 10 days in jail!
- If this is your 2nd Dui within a 5 year period your license is suspended for 5 years!
The mandatory penalties for a third Dui are similar to a first or second. But in addition a 3rd offense within a 10 year period:
- Is a felony punishable by up to five years in prison!
- Carries a mandatory 30 day jail sentence.
- Has a mandatory 90 day vehicle impoundment.
- Your license is suspended for 10 years!
When you hire a dui lawyer Indian Rocks Beach officials know that everything that they did that night will be called into question. Even if you blew into the Intoxilyzer and “failed” it may still be possible to have your case reduced or dismissed depending on the circumstances. Even if you can’t have a dismissal or reduction, the dui attorney you hire will insist that you receive the best possible deal available for your situation.
You may not want to plea. In that case the dui attorney Indian Rocks Beach residents hire should also be willing to take the case all the way to trial. It is your absolute right to have the State prove your case beyond and to the exclusion of every reasonable doubt. The dui attorney you hire should explain every option available including this right to a trial.
At the law office of Finebloom, Haenel & Higgins our dui attorneys have over 30 years combined experience in dui defense. We are resourceful and relentless when it comes to your rights. Let us help you fight your case!! Our attorneys are standing by 24/7 to take your call. Call 813-200-4412 now and let us help you today!