Have you been arrested and charged with a Palm Harbor dui? Are you searching for a quality Palm Harbor dui attorney to represent you in your dui charge? Have you been thinking of speaking with a dui attorney in Palm Harbor in order to better understand your options? At the law office of Finebloom, Haenel & Higgins we understand that you have several questions about your dui charge. Our quality Palm Harbor dui lawyers are ready to help explain your options as you navigate the judicial system during this trying time.
The first thing you should understand about your dui arrest is the possible outcomes. The most favorable outcome is a dismissal of your charges. This means that the State or the Court decide that you can no longer be prosecuted and the charge is dropped or thrown out. This is not available in all cases.
Another possibility is a reduction in your charges. A reduction could mean that the charge is reduced to reckless driving, or that the State amends the charge from an “enhanced” dui, such as one where the blow is .15 or above, to a “standard” dui. Either of these reductions can save you hundreds, maybe even thousands of dollars in fines and treatment costs.
You always have the right to go to trial. If you are found “not guilty” at trial then you walk away free with no penalties. However, the other possibility is that you are found guilty and must proceed to sentencing.
If you are found guilty – or if you decide that you do not want to fight the charge and simply want to enter a plea for the best possible sentence – then there are certain sanctions that must be imposed.
The mandatory penalties for a first time Dui are:
- 12 months probation
- 50 public service hours
- Dui School
- Drug Evaluation
- 10 day impoundment of the vehicle you were driving
- An additional six month license suspension and
- A $500 fine
- If you blew over a .15 then the fine is increased to $1000
- If you blew over a .15 you will also be required to install an ignition interlock on your vehicle for at least 6 months.
The mandatory penalties for a second Dui are similar to the first. But in addition there is:
- 30 day impoundment of the vehicle you were driving
- A $1000 fine
- If you blew over a .15 then the fine is increased to $2000
- If this is your 2nd Dui within a 5 year period there is a mandatory 10 days in jail!
- If this is your 2nd Dui within a 5 year period your license is suspended for 5 years!
The mandatory penalties for a third Dui are similar to a first or second. But in addition a 3rd offense within a 10 year period:
- Is a felony punishable by up to five years in prison!
- Carries a mandatory 30 day jail sentence.
- Has a mandatory 90 day vehicle impoundment.
- Your license is suspended for 10 years!
At Finenbloom, Haenel & Higgins we understand that when choosing a dui lawyer palm Harbor residents have a large number of options. When making the choice to hire a dui attorney Palm Harbor residents should make sure the attorney they choose can explain every available option and also can execute the option you choose. The dui lawyer in Palm harbor you hire should be willing to go to trial, file motions and negotiate on your behalf. Otherwise you may lose certain rights and protections you are entitled to.
Don’t leave it to chance. At Finebloom, Haenel & Higgins we are ready to help. Our dui attorneys are available to discuss your case 24/7. Call us now at 813-200-4412 and let us help you today!