Have you been arrested in Hillcrest Heights for the crime of DUI? Are you looking for a qualified dui lawyer in Hillcrest Heights to help you navigate the court system? Look no further than the law office of Finebloom, Haenel & Higgins. At Finebloom, Haenel & Higgins we understand the small town togetherness felt by Hillcrest Heights residents. Our Hillcrest Heights dui lawyers strive to keep that small town camaraderie while providing a big city defense.
When you hire a Dui attorney in Hillcrest Heights to assist you, the attorney does many things. Some of the things a dui attorney does for your case are as follows:
- Request discovery
- Locate public records that may assist your case
- Represent you at all court proceedings
- Assist in trying to keep a valid driver’s license
If as a result of the dui attorney’s investigation it is determined that you cannot win your case and there is no chance of dismissal or amending of charges, the dui attorney will assist you in trying to get the best sentence possible.
In Florida the lightest sentence you can receive for a first time DUI is:
- 12 months probation
- 50 public service hours
- Dui School
- Drug Evaluation
- 10 day impoundment of the vehicle you were driving
- An additional six month license suspension and
- A $500 fine
- If you blew over a .15 then the fine is increased to $1000
- If you blew over a .15 you will also be required to install an ignition interlock on your vehicle for at least 6 months.
- In addition to the above sanctions which are mandatory, the judge can also impose a victim impact panel that meets one time and up to six months in the county jail (nine months if the blow is over a .15)
If you have previous dui convictions, the penalties are increased. A second time dui can have a mandatory jail sentence of 10 days if the previous conviction was less than 5 years prior. If the prior was within five years your driver’s license will be suspended for five years!!
A third dui can be a felony if the previous conviction was less than 10 years ago and can carry up to five years in a Florida prison. If the previous conviction was within a ten year period there is a mandatory jail sentence of 30 days. The license suspension for a third offense within a ten year period is 10 years.
If it is your fourth dui it is a felony no matter how much time has elapsed. This means you will be labeled a convicted felon and lose all civil liberties associated with the conviction such as the right to vote and hold a firearm. A felony dui can be punished by up to five years in prison and your driver’s license will be permanently revoked!!
When considering a dui lawyer Hillcrest Heights residents have many options. At Finebloom, Haenel & Higgins we strive to provide the most qualified and dedicated dui attorneys Hillcrest Height residents can hire. We understand the impact a dui arrest can have and we want to help. Our dui team has over 30 years experience in dui defense. To speak with a Hillcrest Heights dui attorney now call 1-800-FIGHT-IT. We are available 24/7 to take your call. Let us help you today!